Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Mel B is making shocking claims against her husband, Stephen Belafonte. The America’s Got Talent judge now says her estranged husband physically abused her, exploited her sexually forcing her into threesomes and blackmailed her. Mel was granted a restraining order according to TMZ. Belafonte is required to stay away from Mel B and her three children and has to leave the home. Mel also says Stephen got their nanny pregnant, but she ended up getting an abortion. She adds that Stephen wanted them to live all together as a family.
Mel says Stephen was nice in the beginning of their relationship but things changed after the marriage. “At the time, I was vulnerable. I was giving birth as a single mother, my self-esteem was very low, and my hormones were out of balance due to the pregnancy.” After the wedding things turned and Mel says Stephen would say she is worthless. It was after the death of Mel’s father just a few weeks ago that prompted the divorce. She even recalls Stephen saying “Suck it up. If he’s going to die, he’s going to die,” before the death of her father.
Mel recounted several horrific incidents, in the past she denied there was abuse in the relationship.
- In November 2007 Mel B says she was getting ready for her “Dancing with the Stars” when Stephen attempted to choke her and slammed her on the floor. He would “beat me down to let me know he was in charge.”
- In July 2012 Mel says Stephen was angry that she was flirting with Usher at a ‘X Factor’ taping and her punched her with a closed fist in the face, splitting her lip. She later asked him how was she supposed to work with her lip injury and he told her she should have thought of that before decided to “flirt with and f*** Usher.”
- In August 2012 after performing at the closing ceremonies for the London Olympics Stephen punched her and dragged her on a carpet which left rug burns on her face and then he forced her to tweet she injured herself running in heels.
- Stephen allegedly got the nanny pregnant and says Stephen wanted “all three of us live together.” But the nanny got an abortion and he paid her $300,000 of Mel B’s money “for alleged nanny services.”
- Mel attempted suicide in 2014 and took an entire bottle of Aspirin. She wanted to call 999 but he blocked her from making the phone call, instead he threw her in the bedroom and locked the door “telling me to ‘die, bitch!'”
Mel also says Stephen has sex tapes of her and adds he threatened to release them to hurt her career, he forced her to “participate in sexual intercourse with him and random women” and recorded the incidents. When she did not want to engage in the threesomes she would threaten her with the tapes.
This is all so sad! But Stephen denies the accusations.
Photo from PR Photos