Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
The Oscars bring out the best in acting, and let’s face it we all (most) gush over the best hair, makeup and fashion on all the A-listers. We spotted a ton of great makeup and hair on the red carpet. So what were a few beauty trends that we saw keep popping up on the Oscar red carpet…middle parts and low buns, nudish makeup and a who bunch of updos.
1. Middle parts & low buns like seen on Julianne Moore, Behati Prinsloo, Rita Ora were all over the carpet. Might have been the rain that was looming or the fact that you can see their gorgeous faces more with their hair pulled back.
2. Windswept updo just like Rosamund Pike, Anne Kendrick, Sienna Miller, Cate Blanchett, Patricia Arquette sported were also plentiful on the red carpet. Very cool and classic!
3. Loose messy waves (bobs included) were seen on Keira Knightley, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts who all showed off a little bit of textured hair and little departure from the formal awards show
4. Nude makeup cropped up on the red carpet, but divas like Jennifer Lopez like Reese Witherspoon, and Rita Ora looked fab in a more low-key makeup look giving their dresses the real spotlight
5. Bright lips like Margot Robbie, Jenna Dewan Tatum, Lady Gaga are shinned on the red carpet. Setting the ladies apart with pretty pouts that stood not. No wall flowers here!