Lil Wayne is finally out of the ICU at Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai hospital and is now stabilized. Wayne has been moved to a regular room. Rumors has been circulating that
Wayne’s hospitalization was due to drugs (possibly sizzurp), but Birdman slammed that statement telling NY radio station Hot 97, “It didn’t have nothing to do with drugs. No such thing like that. To me, it’s how he works. He works around the clock, he’s just a hard grinder for this music. But it wasn’t nothing about no drugs. He just needs to get some rest and relax. He’ll be back normal like anybody else.”
Good news for Lil Wayne — the rapper has finally been moved out of the Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles after doctors determined his condition has stabilized … TMZ has learned.
Sources close to the rapper tell us … Wayne has been moved into a “regular room” at the hospital and no longer needs intense, round-the-clock treatment after a suspected codeine overdose last week.
We broke the story … doctors pumped Wayne’s stomach at least 3 times after the rapper began experiencing severe and violent seizures. He had been in the ICU since Wednesday.
Now, we’re told the 30-year-old has been walking around the hospital floor on his own — accompanied by a team of bodyguards.
We’re told he’s also eating on his own … and could even be discharged from the hospital in the near future.
Photo from PR Photos