Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
The 2018 Emmy Awards had a lot of surprises and snubs, but we had our eyes glued to all the beauty looks that took the red carpet and we were surprised that so many people decided to wear their hair very effortlessly and very Fall
Jessica Biel’s Soft Waves
Jessica Biel’s romantic curls were created courtesy of hairstylist, Adir Abergel. “I prepped wet hair with a styling cream and several golf-ball sized pumps of styling mousse applied from root to tip to enhance Jessica’s natural, wavy texture. I then used the ghd Air® Hairdryer ($199) to blow dry Jessica’s hair with the ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 3 ($40) for a beautifully smooth finish.
- To create the soft wave pattern, I used the NEW
ghdPlatinum+® Styler ($249) and oscillated the tool back and forth. It is important to alternate directions when styling with the flatiron to create bends in small sections of the hair.
- I added a bit of dry shampoo at the ends to create more volume through the bottom of the look for an airy and weightless touch.
- To finish, I tucked Jessica’s hair behind her ear, and locked the style with hairspray for shape and added shine.
- PRO TIP: Use a styling cream on a toothbrush to smooth down any flyaways at the center part for a polished final result.”
“I was inspired by the Pre-Raphaelite era, in which young women considered their delicate long locks their glory and conveyed the ultimate femininity through its soft, romantic texture. The look centered around healthy, shiny long hair with a sharp center part. Loose waves and highlights surrounding her cheekbones added a delicate beauty to Jessica’s overall red carpet appearance.”
ghd air hairdryer ($199/ghdhair.com/us)
• ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 3 ($40/ghdhair.com/us)
• NEW ghd platinum+ styler($249/ghdhair.com/us)