The 2018 MET Gala’s theme may have been “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination” but all we could look at was these heavenly beauties makeup and hair looks!! And of course red carpet darling Rihanna did not seize to impress with her dedication to the theme with a Margiela dress and matching hat— it was a full-on Pope ensemble. Remeber the yellow (egg) dress!
We picked a few beauty looks that even a novice makeup lover could try out.
Rihanna showed off a soft makeup look, but her highlight was stunning although one was not listed in her makeup details. Rihanna’s makeup artist, Priscilla Ono broke down the look on Instagram.
@badgalririshutting it down and @fentybeauty holding it down!!
2. #PROFILTR Foundation in 370
3. Contour: #MATCHSTIX in #TRUFFLE
4.Lips: Spanked with a lil something extra …and dassit 🙃 #makeupbypriscillaono#fentyface
Kendall Jenner’s Middle Part
Kendall Jenner’s middle part and low ponytail were classic and chic and courtesy of her longtime stylist Jen Atkin. Jen broke down the look on TheOuai’s website.
- Prep damp hair with OUAI Leave-In Conditioner on roots and OUAI Air Dry Foamon ends
- Insert hair extensions to fit the desired length
- Dry hair with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and Diffuser on low heat and low air flow
- Curl strands using a Beachwaver S1 Curling Iron
- Use OUAI Dry Texture Foam throughout ends
- Secure a low ponytail with a black bungee band and wrap the base with black fabric
- Tame flyaways with Tancho Stick Hair Styling Balm
Jennifer Lopez’s Sleek Bob
Jennifer’s simple bob was last minute. She has been wearing long extensions recently and wanted a change for the Met Gala. An hour before the even she chopped off her hair into a shoulder length bob.”We cut it today, she said she wanted something different and the designer wanted something different. We wanted it to look fresh,” hairstylist Lorenzo Martin told Allure.“We just decided it today, like an hour and a half before she left. I didn’t even know, she didn’t even know we were doing it either.”
How Lorenzo gave J.Lo a wet and voluminous look:
- He applied Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to Jennifer’s damp hair.
- After drying it, he made a deep side-part with a rattail comb and tucked her hair behind her ears on both sides and then smooth on some Matrix Style Link Super Fixer Strong Hold Hair Gel.
- He finished with Matrix’s Style Link Fixer Finishing Hair Spray.
“We kept [the hair] very tight to the head so the dress could be on display,” Martin added.
Kim Kardashian’s Nude Lips
Kim’s nude lips and smokey eye emphasized her beauty! Her longtime makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic explained her look using KKW Beauty of course. Kim’s smokey eye may be a little more complex but her lips are a little easier. “To keep the 90’s vibe, I first lined the lips with a dark brown liner and used a lip brush to apply the KKW Beauty x MARIO Creme Lipstick in Classic K to the middle of the lip,” Dedivanovic told Harper’s BAZAAR. Mario failed to name the brown liner and Kim teased a new product so if you put the two together then that’s one of her new items.
Mario says blending is everything. “Cameras, especially at The Met, pick up every last detail of the face so it is important to make sure everything is blended well. Foundation should be blended, lashes glued properly, eyebrows are combed in the right direction, etc. Another tip is to make sure you pay attention to the body. Whether that be adding lotion or body makeup so the skin shade matches the face, these details are so important when having your client step on a red carpet.”
Ariana Grande’s Cool Winged Eye
Ariana’s cat eyeliner was on point. We couldn’t find the info on her makeup look but it appears to be a classic winged eyeliner. BUtthe pop singer was excited about her dress, “[It is in] the Sistine Chapel back wall by Michaelangelo. It is The Last Judgment. This is the painting I am wearing. I am so excited about my dress. I just love it!” Grande said in an interview with E!. “I am honored to be here. It is my first Met so I am really excited.”
Photos from PR Photos