Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
The second accuser, John Doe #2 in the John Travolta sexual assault case has dropped his case against the actor. It is still unknown if John Doe #1 will resurrect his case against Travolta now that he has hired Gloria Allred as his lawyer.
The remaining plaintiff in the sexual battery lawsuit against John Travolta fired his lawyer, but the case could continue with another lawyer and another court, two lawyers told CNN on Thursday.
Gloria Allred confirmed Thursday that the plaintiff known as
John Doe #2 has hired her to represent him and possibly file a new legal action against the actor.
“We believe that the lawsuit should be filed in another court and, therefore, the lawsuit that was on file was dismissed without prejudice,” she told CNN. “We will be conferring with our client regarding what will happen next in this case.”
Okorie Okorocha, the lawyer who initially filed the lawsuit in federal court last week, said his second client called him Thursday morning and said he was fired. He later learned Allred had been hired.
The suit, which accused the actor of groping two male massage therapists at hotels in Los Angeles and Atlanta in January, is being dismissed Thursday by Okorocha.
Travolta’s lawyer, Martin Singer, has called the allegations by both men “ridiculous.”
Travolta’s lawyer, Marty Singer recently told TMZ that he did not pay off the men to get them to back off of the case.
John Travolta didn’t cough up a red cent to the two male masseurs who accused him of sexual battery — despite the fact that both dismissed their lawsuits just days apart.
Travolta’s lawyer, Marty Singer, tells TMZ, “Not one penny has been paid nor do we have any intention to pay any money for these ridiculous and false claims.”
As we reported, the second accuser fired his lawyer — just two days after the first accuser filed papers dismissing his lawsuit. The second accuser is also expected to file papers dismissing his lawsuit.
It’s unclear why accuser #2 is ending his Travolta war.
Accuser #1 called it quits after TMZ posted photos proving his story was bogus.
Update… John Doe #2 also hired Gloria Allred according to People.
“We believe that the lawsuit should be filed in another court and, therefore, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice,” Allred said in a statement Thursday. “We will be conferring with our client regarding what will happen next in this case.”
Photo from PR Photos