‘Real World’ Star Joey Kovar’s Family Deny Drugs Involved In Death!

MTV’s The Real World and Celebrity Rehab lost a former cast member, Joey Kovar,29 yesterday in Chicago. Early reports claimed the former reality show star died after an overdose of  Viagra, cocaine and alcohol according to a female friend Kovar had stayed with. Kovar’s family disputes the claim, saying that he had been sober for 6 months and was working on a new project according to The Chicago Tribune. Kovar’s brother David said, “Everyone is in shock right now. He seemed fine, he was happier and he was doing better.”


David Kovar disputed a TMZ report that said his family suspected Joey Kovar died from a drug overdose. “That is not what anyone is suspecting, my brother was doing very well,” David Kovar said. “Everything was going very well. The very, very last thing that our family is suspecting is drugs.”

Kovar spent what free time he had with his 3-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter. He was discovered on the street by a talent scout in Chicago when he was 24 years old and quickly made his name on the reality shows.

David Kovar said he never let the fame get to his head. He said his life revolved around his children. “He loved them more than anything, he was just a great father,” said his brother. “He never let any of that go to his head. He was still about being by family.”

Photo from MTV

Privacy Policy