Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
We get toÂ finallyÂ see Lady Gaga and Polaroid‘s Â new venture, Polaroid’s Â Grey Label!! Lady Gaga unveiled the Grey Label at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show. The line will include a pair of camera glasses, a portable printer and a camera. This sounds exciting!!
The inaugural Polaroid Grey Label line is truly expressive of Lady Gaga’s artistic vision and includes the GL10 Instant Mobile Printer, GL30 Instant Digital Camera and the GL20 Camera Glasses, a unique new look at how to turn images into a fashion statement.
“I consider myself to be a visionary, not just a songwriter and a singer. I am an artist,” said Lady Gaga,Â Polaroid’s Creative Director. “I brought my vision and love of fashion, technology and obsession with the future into all of my work withÂ Polaroid.”
Polaroid Grey Label Products
Polaroid and Lady Gaga today unveiled the first trio ofÂ Polaroid Grey Label products atÂ Polaroid’s CES booth:
1. GL10 Instant Mobile Printer:
- Advanced Technology: The newest instant printing experience begins with the embedded dye-crystal ZINKÂ® Zero InkÂ® Technology from ZINK Imaging. Patented ZINK Paperâ„¢ is an advanced composite material with cyan, yellow, and magenta dye crystals embedded inside. Before printing, the embedded dye crystals are clear, so ZINK PaperÂ®, looks like regular white photo paper. The GL10 Instant Mobile Printer uses heat to activate and colorize these crystals.
- Superb Print Quality: The GL10 Instant Mobile Printer uses ZINK’s second-generation thermal technology, delivering image quality that rivals a photo-lab. Prints emerge fully developed and protected by a smudge-proof, water-resistant coating.
- Aesthetically Pleasing and Environmentally Responsible: Designed for both form and function for use both in the present and future. ZINK technology requires no messy ribbons, toner or inkjet cartridges.
The GL10 Instant Mobile Printer will be available inÂ May 2011Â (USÂ $149.99Â MSRP). ZINK 3×4″ Paper will be available inÂ May 2011Â at a price to be announced.
2. GL30 Instant Digital Camera:
- Brings theÂ Polaroid Instant Experience to Life: Introducing a newgeneration to the joy of instant photography, the GL30 uses next generation ZINK Zero Ink Technology from ZINK Imaging.
- Fuses the Digital and Physical Worlds: Featuring the benefits of a digital camera, instant photo printer and digital display, the GL30 is a creative tool that delivers the best of the digital and physical worlds.
- Pays Tribute toÂ Polaroid’s Legacy: Reminiscent ofÂ Polaroid cameras of the past, the GL30 is clearly a significant departure from a typical camera. Designed for longevity, the GL30 is not only for the future, it’s an object of desire. Users can select from a number of filters and borders to create truly original images that instantly fit in the palm of your hand.
The GL30 Instant Digital Camera will be available later this year, at a price to be announced.
3. GL20 Camera Glasses:
- Merges Fashion With Photography: Never before has the world seenfashion, photography and technology come together in one, singular product.
- Tells Your Story to the World: Users can instantly capture or upload photos with the built-in camera and then display the images on the glasses’ LCD screens for others to see.
- Expresses True Artistry and Originality: Only Lady Gaga could create a hybrid that’s part fashion statement, part revolutionary technology and part tool for self-expression.
The GL20 Camera Glasses will be available later this year, at a price to be announced.
Photos by PR Photos/Polaroid