Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Sofia Vergara always makes a statement…on the red carpet(wowza dress…via Zuhair Murad)…on Twitter (did you see her wardrobe malfuntion?) and with her makeup! Check out below how Vergara’s makeup artist Kayleen McAdams created her red carpet makeup look!
I started by applying NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Nutmeg #360 all over the face and blended into the neck. I then used TruConceal #4 under the eyes, around the nose and on any spots where needed. I finished with a light dusting of Clean Pressed Powder in Soft Honey and Cheekers Blush in Sierra Sands to set the base.
On the eyes, I started by applying Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Brown Smolder all over the lid and followed that with the Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Espresso just at the root of the lashes. I also used Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Espresso on the bottom lashes and set that liner with Queen Collection 1-Kit Shadow in Copper Penny. I applied three coats of LashBlast Volume Mascara on both the top and bottom lashes to lengthen and add volume.
Sofia and I wanted to do something different on her lips, so we chose a shade that she never used before – and we loved the change. I tried tons of different lipsticks on my arm! We looked them all over and tried three different shades before finding the perfect one. I wanted the lip to look like caramel, so I added a little gloss. I filled in Sofia’s lips with LipPerfection Lip Color in Captivate, and then went back over the edge of the lips with LipPerfection Lip Liner in Smoky to fill them out and keep her lipstick in place. I topped it all off with Queen Collection Lip Gloss in Sugar and Spice just in the center of the lips.
To keep Sofia’s look fresh all night, I gave her powder, lipstick, lip liner and gloss to keep in her purse. Sofia can’t live without LashBlast Volume Mascara, so I also keep my kit well stocked with extras.
You just got the makeup breakdown, now check out how to get Sofia’s voluminous mane! Jen Atkin, CLEAR SCALP & HAIR THERAPY Celebrity Stylist went for a glamorous look inspired by the texture of her Zuhair Murad dress. “I wanted the hair to flow with the dress so we chose a bombshell wavy look. Sofia is a sexy woman who can work a full volume look so we did a twist on a 60s style and made it modern by keeping it long with loose sexy waves and volume at the crown,” said Atkin.
1. Always start with the right foundation. Begin by washing with Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Volumizing Root Boost Shampoo and Conditioner to nourish the scalp and hair while also getting the volume and body from root to tip necessary to carry this style.
2. Use a volumizing mousse at the crown of the hair. Use a round brush to create volume and set the hair with velvet rollers.
3. Next, spray a texturizing spray throughout the rest of the hair and blowdry using a medium round brush for volume.
4. Once hair is dry, spritz an anti-humidity spray all over and brush through.
5. Use an 1 1/4″ curling iron to set the hair. Wrap big sections of hair and curl up and away from the face.
6. Finally, comb the waves through with your fingers. Tease a little at the crown and finish off the look with a light spray of hairspray. If needed add a spray gloss to the ends.
Photo from P&G/Fleishman-Hillard via Getty Images